Import any Solana Wallet
Web App Guide
This guide will use Phantom’s interface as an example but the process is the exact same for Slope or any other wallet that provides you access to the private key.
For clarity’s sake, the private key is not the mnemonic / recovery phrase. A private key is a secret code that your wallet uses to verify cryptocurrency transactions you send from your wallet. These keys are governed by mathematical functions that prove the funds are yours and no one else has access to or can recover them. Your recovery phrase unlocks the private key that then gives you access to your capital.
- Open your Phantom wallet extension and click the settings button on the bottom right.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Export Private Key.
- You’ll be prompted to input that password and once you have done so, click Next.
- This password is the one you generated, not your mnemonic / recovery phrase.
- After inputting your password, you’ll see your private key on the screen.
- This key will be imported into the Solflare wallet next so it is important to have this copied down in a safe place.
- Now go to your Solflare wallet and click Import private key and once you’ve done so, click Add.
- Note: This can also be done using the mobile wallet option.
Now you can easily switch between token accounts in the Solflare settings panel.